With Spinach + Pistachios!
Al dente gluten free pasta with rotisserie chicken, fresh spinach and salted pistachios bathed in a creamy mascarpone lemon sauce ready in 20 minutes or less.
This dish SCREAMS springtime! Lemony and fresh and light every bite.
This dish is also the charming result of an early evening “what the heck are we having for dinner tonight!?” pantry/fridge scramble… luckily it ended up being absolutely divine. Some of my favorite recipes started out like a Chopped challenge: you have just these few ingredients and 30 minutes. GO!
Regardless of whether you have these ingredients stocked on your shelves already or not, you’ll only need six ingredients total for a slam dunk dinner! The lemons will get used in two different ways — for zest and juice — creating a light but flavorful lemon sauce made creamy by the mascarpone cheese (aka Italian cream cheese!). The roasted pistachios add texture and saltiness to the pasta and the fresh spinach adds nutrition.
Here’s what you’ll need to make my 6 Ingredient Creamy Chicken Lemon Pasta:
- Your favorite pasta – I used chickpea gluten free fusilli
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Mascarpone cheese
- Fresh Spinach
- Unshelled roasted pistachios
Substitutes for the original ingredients:
Rotisserie chicken –> any ground meat
Mascarpone cheese –> whipped cream cheese
Fresh spinach –> chopped fresh basil
Pistachios –> walnuts
Here’s how you’ll make my 6 Ingredient Creamy Chicken Lemon Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat, then add a small handful of kosher salt.
- Add 1 lb. of pasta to the water and cook according to package instructions, reserving pasta water.
- In your serving bowl, place fresh spinach and zest of one lemon. Use a slotted spoon to add cooked pasta to spinach bowl.
- Add 1 cup of pasta water, mascarpone cheese and lemon juice to pasta and stir to create sauce. Spinach will wilt slightly with hot pasta and water.
- Add in rotisserie chicken and top with chopped pistachios, salt and pepper. Taste for seasonings then enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this easy, flavorful weeknight meal!
Looking for more pasta recipes?
- Spicy Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- Brown Butter Broccoli Pasta
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- One Pot Bolognese Pasta
- Sundried Tomato + Walnut Pesto Pasta
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Goat Cheese Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower
- Skinny Hamburger Helper Pasta
- One Pot Greek Orzo Pasta
- Peas, Pesto + Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- Red Pepper Pasta
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
6 Ingredient Creamy Chicken Lemon Pasta
- 1 lb. your favorite pasta I used gluten free fusilli
- 1 cup loose fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese can substitute cream cheese
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pistachios unshelled
- fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Once boiling, add a small handful of kosher salt.
- Add pasta to the salted water and cook according to package instructions, reserving pasta water.
- In your serving bowl, place fresh spinach and zest of one lemon.
- Once pasta has cooked, use a slotted spoon to add pasta to serving bowl with spinach and zest.
- Add 1 cup of pasta water, mascarpone cheese and juice of 1 1/2 lemons to pasta bowl and stir to create sauce. Spinach will wilt slightly with hot pasta and water.
- Add in rotisserie chicken and top with chopped pistachios, salt and pepper. Taste for seasonings then enjoy hot!