This vinegar-based gluten free pasta salad with roasted or grilled veggies and goat cheese is great served warm, room temperature or straight from the fridge! Switch up the veggies based on what you’re craving, or add protein to make it a complete meal.
Excited to share with you my Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad made with creamy goat cheese and a tangy vinaigrette! It’s the perfect complement to a juicy steak, BBQ chicken (maybe this spicy peach BBQ chicken!?) or even salmon. It’s pretty much delicious with anything!!!
I love how pasta salads can be made in advance then just either served cold or brought to room temperature when you’re ready to dig in! Pasta salads are easily portable too — picnic, anyone?
I first imagined this recipe using grilled veggies but unfortunately it was raining out and I didn’t feel like standing over the grill to get them nice and charred haha! I utilized the oven instead and think the flavors still came bursting through, though I’m excited to try this recipe again grilling our veggies on the Big Green Egg!
This Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad is made with:
- gluten free chickpea rotini pasta
- roasted zucchini, red bell pepper + shallot
- creamy herbed goat cheese
- lemon shallot vinaigrette
- fresh basil
Feel free to swap out the veggies for whatever is in season (or already in your fridge)! Roasting (or grilling) the vegetables helps to concentrate their flavor, making them shine even more within the pasta. Hope you love this one!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. gluten free pasta I like Banza chickpea pasta
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 shallot cut into quarters
- 2 oz. herbed goat cheese crumbled
- chopped fresh basil leaves
lemon shallot vinaigrette
- 2 lemons juice only
- 1 shallot minced finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. honey, agave or sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup good olive oil
- If using oven to roast, preheat to 425º. If using grill, preheat.
- Chop all veggies and discard seeds from red bell pepper. Place onto two sheet pans (to avoid overcrowding) and drizzle well with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place veggies into oven to roast for 20-25 minutes, or grill until softened and charred.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil on the stovetop over high heat (water will come to a boil faster with lid on!). Once boiling, add a tbsp. kosher salt to the water, then add pasta and cook as directed. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette and drizzle in oil to emulsify.
- In your serving bowl, place in roasted veggies and all of dressing. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Finish salad by adding cool pasta, goat cheese and fresh basil! Serve room temperature or cool 🙂