Easy, gluten free, and bursting with flavor, these tostadas are sure to spice up your weeknight dinners!
File this under another lazy girl recipe you’ll come back to again and again. Keep it gluten and grain free with almond flower tortillas and a flour-free taco seasoning like this kicking one from Siete Foods.
We’ve all heard of taco Tuesday, but have you tried tostada Tuesday? Juicy, citrusy, and a little bit spicy, these deliciously simple tostadas put a fun and fresh spin on a Mexican classic. Coming together in just minutes, this vibrant dish can easily be made both gluten and grain free, making it the perfect meal to whip up when you’re running short on time but don’t want to compromise on flavor.
For a full tostada Tuesday spread, I like to make my Vegan Nacho Cheese Recipe from Guy’s Grocery Games and Berry Basil Margaritas for Tyler and me, if I’m feeling a little extra spicy.
You can watch a step-by-step video of this recipe on The Savvy Spoon Instagram here!
Here’s how you’ll make my Weeknight Ground Chicken Tostadas
- Brown chicken over medium heat. Add taco seasoning and water to the pain and bring to a boil, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Place tortillas on a sheet pan, spray with cooking spray, and bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
- Once chicken is crispy, divide it between the baked tortillas.
- Top chicken with cheese and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine sliced cherry tomatoes, red onions, kosher salt, lime juice, sliced jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Top tostadas with mixture from bowl and enjoy!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Weeknight Ground Chicken Tostadas
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 packet gluten free taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 grain-free tortillas almond, cassava, etc.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- cherry tomatoes sliced
- red onion sliced
- red onion chopped
- lime juice
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Brown turkey in a little olive oil over medium heat. When no longer pink, add taco seasoning packet and water. Bring to a boil then simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Lay tortillas on sheet pan and spray with cooking spray. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
- Once crispy, divide the seasoned meat between the flour tortillas and top each with 2 tbsp. shredded cheese. Bake for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- In a bowl, combine sliced cherry tomatoes and red onions with kosher salt and some lime juice. Slice jalapeño and chop the cilantro.
- Top tostadas and enjoy!