Naturally sweet medjool dates are stuffed with peanut butter and roasted peanuts, drizzled in chocolate and topped with flakey sea salt for a healthier dessert!
Okay I just had to try this viral recipe — it was a marriage of two loves, dates and peanut butter!!
Watch a step-by-step video of this recipe on The Savvy Spoon Instagram here!
Picture this: plump and luscious dates, stuffed with velvety peanut butter and sprinkled with a generous helping of roasted peanuts. But wait, there’s more! A mesmerizing mix of flavors awaits as a drizzle of rich, decadent chocolate cascades over these delectable treats, creating a symphony of indulgence. As if that weren’t enough, a sprinkle of flakey sea salt adds a whimsical touch, elevating this dessert to the realm of culinary bliss. Brace yourself, for you are about to embark on a journey to dessert heaven, where health and indulgence coexist in perfect harmony.
I’m always thrilled when I find a GOOD tasting substitute for childhood faves. Cheers to dates, nature’s candy, and an all natural, decadent dessert!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Chocolate Covered Snickers Dates
- 10 medjool dates pitted
- 10 tsp. unsweetened peanut butter
- 5 tsp. chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Maldon sea salt flakes for topping
- Make a slit in each date and spoon in the peanut butter into each. Top with chopped peanuts.
- In a double boiler (see note), melt chocolate and coconut oil and stir until smooth. Drizzle over dates then sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt to each.
- Set in fridge to cool then enjoy!
- To double boil: set a heat-safe mixing bowl over top a small saucepan filled with 1” of water. Bring to a low boil then add chocolate & oil. Stir to melt! Make sure water is never high enough to hit the bottom of the bowl.