Oh cauliflower… ILYSM. You taste *almost* like all of my actual favorite carbs that don’t bring much nutritional value to the table. And you cook in 3 minutes so that’s amaze as well, so thanks!!
When you need a quick fix hit up this skinnier-than-Benihana’s version! I used cauli rice as our base, fresh and frozen veggies and juicy chunks of spicy chicken… close your eyes and you might even hear the steam from the onion volcano whistling 🙂
Watch me make Skinny Cauliflower Fried Rice step-by-step here!
Skinny Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower rice serves as the base for juicy, spicy chicken and veggies for a meal that comes together in 10 minutes!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tbs. sriracha
- 1 16-oz. bag riced cauliflower fresh or frozen
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup diced carrots fresh or frozen
- 1 cup peas frozen, canned or fresh
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs whisked
optional for serving
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- diced jalapeños
- Marinate chicken: trim and dice chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes. Put into plastic bag with your soy sauce alternative and sriracha and set in fridge for 10-15 mins.
- Next, chop veggies: dice onion + seeded bell pepper, mince garlic, and slice green onions and jalapeños for serving.
- Pull chicken from fridge and bring to room temp for 5 mins. In wok or sauté pan, heat 1 tbs. olive oil and 1 tsp. sesame oil and add chicken when hot — try not to crowd the pan (work in batches if you need). Place chicken onto plate once cooked.
- Cook veggies: in same pan, add onion and bell peppers. Cook for 5 mins before adding frozen corn, frozen peas and carrots, and frozen rice. Cook for another 3-5 minutes then add garlic. After 30 seconds, move veggies aside and make room to scramble eggs in pan. When cooked add back in chicken and a little more soy sauce alternative to deglaze pan.
- To serve: top with green onions, jalapeños, sesame seeds and more sriracha!
Tried this recipe?Share with others how it was!