Ready to try your new favorite salad?! This one is hearty and filling, hitting all the right flavor notes like slightly sweet, spicy, tangy and creamy. Oh and it’s ready in minutes!
You’ll top everything with quick toasting maple walnuts (hello, yum) and a creamy dijon dressing… get ready to add this to your hearty salad rotation. let’s do this!
Winter Harvest Salad with Chicken Sausage
- 4 large leaves kale, stems removed
- 2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- ½ honeycrisp apple, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 links chicken apple sausage, sliced into discs
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- ½ cup maple walnuts, see recipe below
- ½ cup raw walnut pieces
- 2 tbs. pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. grainy dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a dry skillet, add walnut pieces and toast over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until toasted. Drizzle with maple syrup and toss before removing from pan.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tbs. olive oil and cook sausages for 2 minutes each side then remove from pan. Add shaved Brussels into same pan and season with salt and pepper, cooking until wilted, about 4 minutes
- Whisk together all ingredients for dressing and taste for seasoning.
- In a big salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients, adding your kale last. Add salad dressing on top of kale, massaging into leaves with your fingers. Toss to combine and serve warm or at room temp!