Get ready to RUN back to the kitchen for seconds!!
I love pork tenderloin and think it is easily one of the most flavorful cuts of lean meat. It’s naturally juicy but so easy to flavor with a quick marinade, needing only a few minutes to soak up every soy-flavored molecule. It’s typically inexpensive, it grills or roasts in 25 minutes and feeds five people easily. Frankly it’s completely underrated!
A good pork tenderloin has been trimmed of any silver skin (a thin layer of fat that covers the loin) and is evenly thick, with one end usually slightly thinner than the other. I usually buy a 1-1.5 lb. pork loin when feeding 4 people knowing I’ll have extras for leftovers (if my guests don’t devour them first).
This marinade was inspired by my mother-in-law’s spicy tenderloin recipe that she uses with beef, but I think it is just as savory and scrumptious on a pork tender!
If you don’t have a grill, no worries — you won’t get the same charred flavor but it will cook just as quickly in the oven!
Spicy Asian Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1 lb. pork tenderloin trimmed of fat
spicy asian marinade:
- ¼ cup liquid or coconut aminos can sub soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbs. grainy mustard
- 20 shakes Tabasco hot sauce
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade in a measuring cup.
- Place pork tenderloin in a plastic freezer bag and pour 1/2 of the marinade over top, reserving the second half. Marinate on counter for 20 minutes.
- TO GRILL: Heat two burners on grill and place pork tenderloin on, rotating every 2 minutes for 20 minutes total or when internal temperature reads 140 degrees (it will continue to cook when tented with foil). Remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- TO ROAST: Heat oven to 375 degress. Place pork tenderloin on a sheet pan lined with foil into the oven and roast for 25 minutes or when internal temperature reads 140 degrees (it will continue to cook when tented with foil). Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.