This deliciously creamy vegan and dairy-free soup combines robust butternut squash, carrots and spicy ginger with rich coconut milk to create a lusciously smooth soup!
I have a thing for all squash, but butternut has my heart.
Just the name itself makes you smile!!!!! Butter? Nuts? Fall? Fires? Boots? Sweata weather!?
I digress. What is it about fall that makes girls a little wacky?? There is nothing I wouldn’t do for a cup of apple cider while I’m wrapped in a chunky knit lol.
Or a cup of this soup! It’s dreamy.
You’ve got slightly sweet butternut squash and carrots that when roasted, just explode with flavor. We’ll add in aromatic ginger and garlic to punch up the smells and paprika for a hint of spice. You’ll blend it altogether and swirl in some rich and creamy coconut milk for the perfect smooth cup or bowl!
Here’s how you’ll make Creamy Butternut Squash, Carrot + Ginger Soup:
- Roast your cubed butternut squash for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Sauté onions, carrots, garlic and ginger to soften.
- Add in roasted squash, chicken broth and spices and bring to a boil.
- Blend everything in a high-powered blender.
- Stir in coconut milk and serve!
Serve on it’s own or with a slice of a Bell Pepper Turkey Melt! Happy sipping 🙂
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Creamy Butternut Squash, Carrot + Ginger Soup
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed (buy pre-purchased to save time!!)
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger or ginger paste
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 can light coconut milk
- olive oil sub avocado oil for Whole30
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay cubed butternut squash on a sheet pan lined with foil. Drizzle with a little olive oil and roast for 15 minutes.
- In a medium pot or dutch oven over medium heat, heat 1 tbs. olive oil. When warm, add diced onion and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Lower heat.
- Add in chicken broth and when roasted, add butternut squash into pot. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a low boil/high simmer. Add in salt, pepper and paprika, stir then cover with lid. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Once squash and carrot pieces have softened, turn off heat. Carefully spoon half of pot into blender jar. Hold top down while you blend to smooth, starting from low to high speed. Place first batch in a bowl (preferably with a spout) then blend second half. Add everything back to pot.
- Stir in your can of coconut soup. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt, pepper or paprika as needed. Serve warm!
Such a great recipe!! Made along with the bell pepper melts and it was the perfect weeknight recipe 🙂 Thanks for your constant inspo, Cayla!
Thank you Cleo! I’m so happy you enjoyed!! xx