These crunchy, juicy, golden brown chicken breasts topped with spicy honey are nostalgic and new all at the same time!
If you’re anything like me, it’s easy to fall into a weeknight recipe rut. After a long day, pulling together a creative dinner can sometimes feel like a burden, so we tend to stick to recipes that we know are quick and easy, even if we’re a little bored with them.
Enter: Air Fryer Hot Honey Chicken, the answer to your weeknight dinner woes!
Ready in just eight minutes and with the perfect balance of sweet and heat, this chicken dish packs a punch and a bit of crunch, and is sure to become your new favorite weeknight meal.
You can watch a step-by-step video of this recipe on The Savvy Spoon Instagram here.
Here’s how you’ll make my Air Fryer Hot Honey Chicken:
- Heat the oven. Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Season your chicken. Season butterflied chicken with kosher salt and pepper.
- Set up station. Make a dredging station: In one bowl, whisk eggs. In another bowl, combine panko and seasonings. Line a sheet pan with foil to place chicken on.
- Dredge chicken. Dip each chicken breast into the egg first, then into panko + seasoning mix. Place onto sheet pan.
- Place in fryer. Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, then add in chicken breasts in one layer, working in batches if necessary. Lightly spray the chicken breasts with cooking spray and cook 4 minutes each side.
- Drizzle! Remove from air fryer, drizzle crunchy chicken with hot honey, and enjoy!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Air Fryer Hot Honey Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts butterflied in half
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- avocado oil cooking spray
- spicy honey like @mikeshothoney
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees. Take your butterflied chicken (4 pieces total) and season well with kosher salt and pepper.
- Make dredging station by placing whisked eggs in one shallow bowl, then the panko and seasonings in the other. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Dip each chicken breast first into the egg, then into the seasoned panko, pressing on crumbs to adhere. Place onto sheet pan.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray then add in chicken breasts in one layer (you might have to work in batches). Lightly spray the coated breasts with cooking spray then cook for 4 mins per side.
- Drizzle crunchy chicken with hot honey and enjoy!