Taste the flavors of an Italian stuffed bell pepper in every bite of this filling, low carb soup! Bell peppers, roasted tomatoes, ground turkey, cauliflower rice and seasonings all come together to create your next favorite soup.
‘Tis no doubt the season here in Dallas — the weather is chilly, fires are crackling and Christmas trees are tied on top of every other car. I love when it actually *feels* like the season we’re in. Such a concept!
I love making soups when the temps drop because they’re simple (hello one pot wonders), they’re filling (even more so when you throw rice in it, cauliflower or not) and they’re literally warming. Especially helpful if you live with someone who “hates turning the heat on”… can you relate!?
This soup is a spin on chili because it’s chunky and tomato based, but my version doesn’t have any beans in it — though you could absolutely add them! I found it to be hearty enough with the ground turkey, bell peppers, fire roasted tomatoes and cauliflower rice — and so flavorful!
Do you remember these Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers? They were definitely the inspo for this soup — all those fragrant Italian flavorings like garlic, oregano and roasted tomatoes wrapped up in one big bowl!
Here’s how you’ll make my (one pot!) Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup:
- Steam the frozen riced cauliflower in the dutch oven, then remove.
- Sauté onions, garlic and bell peppers until soft.
- Add in ground turkey and brown.
- Add in canned tomatoes, seasonings and water.
- Let cook altogether for 10 minutes.
- Add in cooked rice then serve!
See… SOUPER easy!! 🙂 Stay warm my friends!
More Soup Recipes from The Savvy Spoon:
- Tortellini Minestrone Soup
- Skinny Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Creamy Butternut Squash, Carrot + Ginger Soup
- Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Reset Button Chicken Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Veggie-Packed Chicken Chili
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 3 red, yellow or orange bell peppers , diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 28-oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can crushed tomatoes, or "finely diced"
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ cup water
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Start by heating your dutch oven or deep sided pot over medium heat, then add in frozen riced cauliflower. Let steam, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, scoop out of pot and onto plate; set aside.
- To dice bell peppers, start by slicing them in half top to bottom. Remove any white pith and all seeds, then lay pieces flat on cutting board, skin side down. Run your knife from top to bottom to create strips, then turn sideways to dice!
- In the same pot, add 1 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil over medium heat. Add in diced onions, diced bell peppers and minced garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in ground turkey and break up with wooden spoon into small pieces. Cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Lastly you'll add in both cans of tomatoes, the oregano, salt and pepper and water. Stir to combine then bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and cook another 5 minutes.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust if necessary. Turn heat all the way down then add back the steamed cauliflower rice to the pot, along with the chopped green onions. Divide into bowls and serve!