A healthy alternative to a decadent treat!
I love chocolate covered strawberries but wanted a healthier spin on the sweet treat. Enter: yogurt! Greek yogurt works as a nice, thick coating with a slight tang, and added protein to boot. The roasted pistachios add a saltiness to the sweet strawberries along with a mouthwatering crunch.
When snack time hits, my sweet tooth takes over. I find myself looking for something sugary to satisfy my cravings. However, I also want a protein boost that to carry me through the afternoon–something a chocolate chip cookie can’t provide. In search of this elusive snack time hybrid, I’m reimagining some of my favorite sweet treats, making them a little healthier and a little less decadent. Both sweet and nutritious, these yogurt dipped strawberries are the perfect answer to my snack time cravings.
You can watch a step-by-step video of this recipe on The Savvy Spoon Instagram here!
Here’s how you’ll make my Yogurt Dipped Strawberries with Roasted Pistachios:
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop up roasted and shelled pistachios and place in bowl.
- Dip washed strawberries into greek yogurt and then into roasted pistachios. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator for one hour to cool.
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Yogurt Dipped Strawberries with Roasted Pistachios
- fresh strawberries
- greek yogurt
- roasted and shelled pistachios
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop roasted and shelled pistachios and place in bowl.
- Dip washed strawberries in Greek yogurt and then into pistachios
- Place dipped strawberries on parchment-lined baking sheet. Let chill in the refrigerator for one hour.