Eat your heart out, Mi Cocina!
With layers of textural veggies, savory seasoned taco meat and saucy goodness, this salad is bright, crunchy, easy, and oh-so-pleasing!
Like most Dallasites, I am a huge fan of Tex-Mex. More than that, I am a huge fan of making healthier Tex Mex alternatives, like this scrumptious salad. With crispy ground chicken, cherry tomatoes, and sliced avocado all over a bed of fresh lettuce and cauliflower rice, this taco salad will become your new go-to recipe for when you’re craving Mi Cocina or The Mexican, but don’t want to leave the house!
And, whether you’re eating in on a Friday or just looking to spice up a Wednesday evening, I recommend pairing it with my Vegan Nacho Cheese and my Piña Coco Margarita for the ultimate Tex-Mex feast.
You can watch a step-by-step video of this recipe on The Savvy Spoon Instagram, here!
Here’s how you’ll make my Crunchy Loaded Taco Salad:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or on a plate.
- Top with sliced avocado and the jalapeño sauce.
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Crunchy Loaded Taco Salad
- iceberg lettuce chopped
- green cabbage chopped
- 1 Cup cauliflower rice sautéed with salt, pepper, and tomato paste
- 1 Lb ground chicken browned, then simmered with taco seasoning.
- mozzarella shredded
- red bell pepper diced
- cherry tomatoes halved
- avocado sliced
- Jalapeño sauce I like Trader Joe’s
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or on a plate and top with sliced avocado. Enjoy!