The perfect side, salad, and everything in between.
Everyone loves brussels sprouts. Whether they’re balsamic glazed or just roasted with salt, brussels sprouts have become a restaurant staple. However, I often find it hard to create a brussels sprouts dish at home that is equally as scrumptious and satisfying as my restaurant faves. But not anymore! Enter: truffle brussels sprouts.
With pancetta, marcona almonds, and plenty of Parmesan, this easy side dish or hearty salad is an absolute showstopper! The nuttiness of the almonds pairs perfectly with the bitterness of the brussels sprouts and the saltiness of the pancetta, creating a richly satisfying and undeniably delectable dish.
You can watch a step-by-step video of this recipe on The Savvy Spoon Instagram, here!
Here’s how you’ll make my Truffle Brussels Sprouts:
- Cook pancetta in non-stick pan then remove to cool.
- Remove any burnt pieces in pan carefully with paper towel and discard.
- Add shaved brussels to pancetta oil, season with salt and pepper and cook for ~5 mins.
- In serving bowl, add cooked brussels, cooked pancetta, chopped truffle almonds, parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
- Toss well and enjoy!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Truffle Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Lb brussels sprouts sliced thinly
- 4 Oz diced pancetta
- 1/3 Cup truffle marcona almonds I buy mine at Trader Joe’s
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, then add diced pancetta. Cook slow, about 10 minutes, stirring often, until crispy. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and place onto paper towel to drain.
- If any burnt pieces remain in pan, simply remove with spoon or carefully with paper towel.
- In same pan, add shaved brussels and toss to coat in pancetta renderings. Season with a little kosher salt and pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place into serving bowl.
- Top the brussels with crispy pancetta, chopped truffle marcona almonds, lemon juice, and plenty of Parmesan. Toss well, taste for seasonings and add more s&p if needed.
- Enjoy warm or room temp!