Spicy buckwheat soba noodles are tossed with seasoned ground chicken, sautéed mushrooms, fresh cucumbers and crunchy peanuts for a quick and flavorful weeknight meal!
You’ll love these gingery, spicy, soy-flavored soba noodles and just how quickly you can get dinner on the table! This whole meal will come together in less than 20 minutes and (depending on where you shop), by spending less than $20. Talk about a win-win!
I love shopping at Trader Joes for so many reasons — it’s easy to navigate, bright and friendly, their creative & seasonal offerings and of course IT’S SO BUDGET FRIENDLY. It’s hard to shop at other stores when you can pick up all the items you need for a hearty four person dinner for $18 — seriously!
In my shopping quest I came upon these Matcha Green Tea Soba Noodles I used for this recipe — though I was cautiously optimistic about their taste, they ended up being delish! Of course you can substitute any soba noodle (or spaghetti) for this recipe instead.
I opted for ground chicken because it cooks SO quickly and can be seasoned any which way to match our mood. This mood was SPICE!
For the veggies, sautéed mushrooms for their meatiness and fresh cucumbers for their crunch. Use whatever you’d prefer here, whatever would make your noodle bowl extra craveable!!!
Here’s how you make my Spicy Peanut Soba Noodles with Ground Chicken:
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil.
- Sauté mushrooms until soft then add to large serving bowl.
- In same pan, brown ground chicken and season well. Add to bowl.
- In boiling water, cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain but don’t rinse.
- While noodles cook, whisk together ingredients for sauce.
- Add drained noodles to serving bowl and immediately toss in sauce.
- Add cucumbers, fresh cilantro and peanuts before serving!
Hope you love these spicy, peanut-y noodles!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Spicy Peanut Soba Noodles with Ground Chicken
- 2 6.3-oz packages Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea Soba Noodles or equivalent amount of other soba noodles
- 1 lb. organic ground chicken thigh or "lean" not "extra lean"
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt + pepper each
- 1 crate sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 English seedless cucumber diced
- chopped fresh cilantro
- crushed roasted peanuts
spicy peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup Tamari or liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tsp. ginger paste
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce or more!
- 1 tsp. honey
- optional: sesame seeds
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- In a sauté pan, add a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat then add mushrooms. Sauté until soft then add to a large serving bowl.
- In the same pan, add ground chicken and season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink then add to serving bowl with mushrooms.
- In the boiling water, add soba noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain but don't rinse then add them to the serving bowl with mushrooms and chicken.
- While noodles cook, whisk together ingredients for sauce then add to noodles.
- Add cucumbers, fresh cilantro and peanuts to serving bowl, then toss well before serving!
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.