Ground chicken, veggies, taco seasoning, black beans and cauliflower rice cook together for a hearty, low carb meal – topped with plenty of Mexican blend cheese!
You’ll love this low carb, high protein and totally satisfying taco skillet with cauliflower rice and PLENTY of gooey cheese!
A crave-worthy dinner does not need to take long or be complicated to taste good – case in point, this skillet! This one pan wonder is full of taco seasoned ground chicken, onions, bell peppers, green chilis, filling black beans and chunky salsa, giving each bite layers of flavor. Top it all off with melted Mexican blend cheese and you have one easily inhaled meal (that’s easy on time and budget as well)!
Here’s how you’ll make this Low Carb Ground Chicken Taco Skillet:
- Sauté onions, garlic then bell peppers.
- Add in ground chicken and brown.
- Shake in taco seasoning and water, then bring to a simmer.
- Mix in fresh riced cauliflower, diced green chilis and drained/rinsed black beans.
- Combine everything together and top with chunky salsa.
- Top with shredded cheese then cover to simmer & melt.
- Finish with sliced avocado and fresh herbs.
- Serve warm!
We loved this savory weeknight meal and will keep it in the rotation! Hope you give it a shot 🙂
MORE LOW CARB MEXICAN RECIPES HERE: Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers, Mexican Chicken Soup, Taco Zucchini Boats, Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup, Ground Turkey Tamale Bowls
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Low Carb Ground Chicken Taco Skillet
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken thigh
- 1 packet taco seasoning I prefer gluten free
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh riced cauliflower not frozen – can water down skillet
- 1 4.5 oz. can diced green chilis
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa like Pace
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sliced avocado, chopped fresh herbs like cilantro
- Start by heating 1 tbsp. oil in a dutch oven or deep sided skillet, then add in diced onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat before adding in diced bell pepper and garlic. Cook until soft but not browned, about 6 minutes total.
- Add in ground chicken to skillet, breaking apart with spoon. Cook until no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes, then add in taco seasoning packet and water. Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer to create sauce.
- After 5 minutes simmering, add in riced cauliflower, diced green chilis and black beans. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat for 2-3 more minutes.
- Top with chunky salsa and shredded cheese evenly over top. Cover skillet and lower heat to low to simmer and melt cheese (about 5 minutes).
- Once cheese has melted nicely, take skillet off heat and top with fresh avocado and herbs. Serve warm!