Sometimes salads are boring. This one is not!
Sundays are like one big reset button for us — Ty and I usually sleep in, take a long walk, listen to and/or watch church, treat ourselves to something fun for lunch (like Shug’s or Mi Cocina!) and then take it really easy for dinner with something light and fresh. This salad is exactly that — refreshing, simple and filling! The perfect reset button to start or end your week with.
This salad is comprised of cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet white corn, red onion, jalapeño, avocado, garbanzo beans, feta, basil and some cooked couscous! It is dressed with a little lemon juice and olive oil and seasoned simply with salt and pepper, allowing the veggies to really shine.
Since this was our main dish I added in the small amount of cooked couscous that I had leftover, but you could very well leave it (or the corn) out to make the salad even lighter and lower carb! Hope you enjoy!!
MORE SALAD RECIPES: Chicken Sausage + Cornbread Panzanella Salad, Grilled Summer Steak Salad, Skinny Ranch Chicken Salad, Italian Chopped Salad, Kale + Seared Steak Salad with Peanut Dressing, Strawberry Caprese Salad, Rainbow Chinese Chicken Salad
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Fresh Summer Chopped Salad
- 1 pint cherry tomates halved
- 1 medium english cucumber peeled and diced finely
- 1 15-oz. can organic sweet corn drained and rinsed, also called white corn
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed, also called chickpeas
- ½ red onion diced finely
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed + minced
- 2-3 tbs. feta crumbles
- ½ cup precooked couscous or quinoa optional
- 2 tbs. fresh basil leaf ribbons
- 1 lemon juice only
- 2 tbs. good olive oil
- kosher salt + pepper
- Start by placing sliced cherry tomatoes in your big salad serving bowl. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper and let sit while you chop other veggies.
- Chop all veggies and start to layer on top of tomatoes (except for the avocado) without stirring.
- Add in couscous or quinoa if using, feta crumbles, lemon juice (watch for seeds!) and olive oil. Season with 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Toss salad gently, then add in diced avocado and toss very gently once more. Taste for seasoning and serve cold or at room temperature!