Warm and spiced ground lamb is the star of these Greek-inspired pitas, topped with creamy tzatziki-style sauce, fresh veggies and tangy feta!
Do you have key words that pop out at you when looking at recipes or menus?
Two of my key words are “Greek” and “Pizza” — Greek because I love the mix of fresh and bold flavors and always feel healthy eating Greek, even when indulging. And pizza because… ok duh. PIZZA! Like I need to say more.
These aren’t your traditional saucy, cheesy pizzas, but a different *spin* that takes nearly no time time to assemble: warm and fluffy pitas topped with creamy cucumber tzatziki sauce, quick-cooking ground lamb that’s seasoned richly, fresh veggies like briny olives and some crumbly, tangy feta.
Best part about these pizzas? The only thing you’ll cook is the ground lamb which browns up in just a few minutes. You’ll season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic and a pinch of cinnamon for an authentic, Greek taste!
Can I swap the ground lamb for another meat?
Totally! Whether lamb is harder to find or you’re just not a fan, this recipe works perfectly with ground beef or even ground turkey. If using turkey though, be sure to avoid the “extra lean” variety as it tends to be easy to dry out!
What is tzatziki?
Tzatziki, pronounced “zaa-zee-key,” is a sauce made of yogurt, freshly grated cucumber, seasonings and I like to add a little feta for taste and texture. It is a wonderful complement to the heartiness of the lamb and adds plenty of creamy sauciness to the pizzas!
I hope you enjoy this quick, healthy but hearty hearty recipe!
More Greek-inspired Recipes:
- The Juiciest Greek-inspired Chicken
- Chopped Greek Salad with Orzo
- Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken Pitas
- Loaded Greek Zucchini Boats
- Bunless Greek Burgers
- One Pot Greek Orzo
- Feta Stuffed Greek Meatballs
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Lamb Pita Pizzas
- 4 whole wheat or white pitas
- 1 lb. ground lamb can sub ground beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber peeled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta divided
- 1/2 cup kalamata and/or Greek olives
- optional toppings: sliced shallots and chopped fresh mint
- In a nonstick skillet, warm 1 tbsp. olive oil before adding in ground lamb. Allow to cook and start to break up with wooden spoon. After cooking for 3-4 minutes, add salt, pepper, granulated garlic and cinnamon. Cook until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, slice your peeled cucumber in half widthwise. Using a grater, grate one half of the cucumber onto a clean dishtowel. Wrap grated cucumber up and squeeze out as much of the moisture as you can before adding the cucumber to a small bowl. Add the Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup of crumbled feta to the grated cucumber and mix together, seasoning lightly with salt and pepper to taste. Set tzatziki sauce aside.
- Slice other half of cucumber thinly and halve the olives. Warm the pitas by placing in microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Assemble pizzas by starting with an even layer of the tzatziki sauce on each. Divide the ground lamb into fourths before topping each pita with lamb. Layer on sliced cucumbers, olives and shallots/mint (if using). Take remaining feta and divide amongst the four pitas to finish!