Everyone in favor of an effortless dinner say yyeaaaahhhhYUHHHHHH!
I mean, it just doesn’t get easier than this. Well maybe delivery. But then you have to make a phone call… deciding what to eat… and there’s the whole waiting to eat part…
Okay so BASICALLY as easy as take out 🙂 You’ll just need a handful of ingredients: chicken breasts, red potatoes, carrots, onions and RANCH. A simple seasoning packet that creates insane flavor — think pot roast vibes without the soupy-ness and without losing all of that great texture from your veggies.
To make Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken, you’ll need to:
- Chop veggies
- Drizzle with oil
- Top veggies with chicken breasts
- Sprinkle with seasoning
It’s kind of hilarious to think back at how I used to demand that ranch dressing be DOUSED all of my vegetables to eat them. I mean, it’s good stuff. Do I need to drink half a bottle? Probablyyyy not.
CHECK OUT MORE SHEET PAN RECIPES HERE:
- Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
- Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Lemon Shrimp + Gnocchi
- Sticky Chicken and Cauliflower
- Ground Turkey Tostadas
This takes the best flavors from ranch dressing like buttermilk, garlic, dill, parsley, chives and ground mustard to dress up innately plain chicken. I’ve stood on my podium PLENTY of times about how roasting your vegetables is the end all be all way to eat them but alas here I go again: YOU MUST ROAST YOUR VEGGIES. High heat caramelizes all vegetables (even the plainest of plain), concentrates their flavor and creates a crispity crust around tender veggies.
Throw on ranch dressing seasoning and you’ve got one helluva meal!
Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion cut into eighths
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1½ cups baby potatoes cut into quarters
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 packet Hidden Valley ranch dressing or dip seasoning
- salt + pepper
- chopped flat-leaf parsley for serving
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place all your veggies on the pan and drizzle with 1 tbs. olive oil. Use hands or tongs and toss to coat, then sprinkle on half of the ranch dressing packet over the veggies.
- Place your chicken breasts on top of the veggies and drizzle with the remaining oil. First season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then sprinkle on the remaining half of ranch packet over chicken.
- Roast sheet pan in the oven for 20 minutes or until chicken reads 160 degrees. Remove from oven to cool, then top with parsley to serve!