with Roasted Chicken and Chickpea Pasta
Fresh spinach, tangy sweet strawberries and chickpea pasta combine to create a textural, savory sweet salad!
If you’re okay with fruit in your salad then you’re going to love this bright spring mix! But you clicked yourself here so I think we’re all in good company 🙂
I personally love nothing more than a sweet and savory combo and this salad is JUST that. Sweet strawberries, salty feta, savory roasted chicken, crunchy walnuts, creamy avocado, chewy pasta and tangy vinaigrette combine to create this insanely textural salad!
I used shredded rotisserie roasted chicken and lower carb chickpea rotini pasta to add extra protein to our veggies. Spinach is a nice mild lettuce to use as a base (packed with nutrients, might I add) and pairs well with the sweetness from the strawberries and brininess of the feta crumbles.
Did I mention this comes together as quickly as you can boil pasta? You can swap out the pasta for anything you might like or skip altogether, but if you have any half empty boxes of dried pasta in your pantry then use them for this! It added a really nice chewiness and bite to the salad for sure.
The full recipe is below, but here’s what you need to make this Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- Fresh spinach leaves
- rotisserie chicken breasts
- fresh strawberries
- dried chickpea pasta
- diced avocado
- feta crumbles
- chopped walnuts
- Apple cider vinaigrette (or your favorite light dressing)
I use a simple apple cider vinegar + olive oil dressing for almost all salads and I’ll share it below! Hope you love this fresh and springy mix!
More Salad Recipes You Might Love!
- Feta Couscous Salad
- Chopped Greek Salad with Orzo
- Chicken and Chickpea Ranch Kale Salad
- Roasted Beet, Kale and Quinoa Salad
- Fall Harvest Salad
- Fresh Summer Chopped Salad
- Chicken Sausage + Cornbread Panzanella Salad
- Grilled Steak Summer Salad
- Skinny Ranch Chicken Salad
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Chicken and Pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1-2 breasts rotisserie chicken shredded
- ½ lb. dried chickpea pasta
- 1 cup organic strawberries stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 avocado diced
- ¼ cup feta crumbles
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
apple cider vinaigrette
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add chickpea pasta and cook according to package instructions. When cooked, drain and rinse with cool water.
- In the meantime, chop all ingredients for the salad + whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Arrange spinach in a salad bowl, then start to layer on ingredients: shredded chicken, cooled pasta, strawberries, avocados, feta crumbles and walnuts.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss! Serve immediately.