These festive energy balls are packed with protein and look almost too cute to eat! Use just six ingredients to create pop-able, delicious midday treats that are perfect for you or your busy valentine!
Say hello lover to your favorite new snack!
These Valentine’s Day themed energy balls are packed with flavor, protein and fiber, promising to hold you over happily until your next meal.
These protein bites are easy to make, using just six simple ingredients — rolled oats, flax meal, chia seeds, peanut butter, honey and Vday M&M’s candies — and come together in just three steps! You’ll simply mix, roll and refrigerate these snack bites before enjoying them all week… if they last that long!
Energy balls are a sweet, no-bake treat that are packed with good for you ingredients! They make for the perfect on-the-go snack or even a sweet breakfast.
Here’s what you’ll need to create my Valentine’s Day Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls:
- Rolled Oats: Oats are filling, inexpensive and the main ingredient in these energy balls
- Flax Meal: A great source of Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber with a nutty flavor
- Chia Seeds: Awesome fiber source that helps keep you fuller for longer
- Unsweetened Peanut Butter: Helps bind the balls together with healthy, satisfying fats
- Honey: Another great binder for the balls that adds a touch of sweetness
- Valentine’s Day M&M’s Candies: Festive and cute adding color and chocolate
You don’t need any special equipment to make these energy balls, but a cookie scoop does help to measure them out more proportionately (if you have one!).
Simply add all of the ingredients to a bowl, mixing together with a spatula. Add more nut butter or honey if they’re crumbly – they should be very easy to roll and stick well together. With my cookie scoop, I created 12 energy balls in total!
I hope you enjoy this fun recipe for Valentine’s Day Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls! You can find more energy ball recipes here:
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Valentine’s Day Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened peanut butter avoid the "old fashioned" kind
- 4 tbsp. local honey
- 1 tbsp. flax meal
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Valentine's Day M&M's candies crushed/chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the mini chocolate chips. Use a rubber spatula or clean, damp hands to mix. If mixture feels too dry or crumbly, add a little more peanut butter and/or honey.
- Form balls by using a 1 1/2" cookie scoop or a round tablespoon. With damp hands, scoop out mixture then roll into a ball. Place onto sheet pan, then continue to form all balls.
- Place sheet pan into refrigerator and let cool and harden for 1 hour. Place into airtight container and enjoy whenever you need a quick energy boost!