Gluten free oats flavored with peanut butter, chocolate and banana are blended smooth and baked, ending up fluffy and cake-like!
I teamed up with Sophie McGuire from @muchlovesophie to bring y’all an easy, healthy, absolutely delicious breakfast recipe: BAKED OATS!
They’re all the rage (hugeee TikTok trend!) and for a great reason! Just a couple of healthy ingredients like rolled oats, plant milk, bananas and nut butter are blended smooth then baked in a perfect-for-one 8 ounce dish. When baked they become fluffy and cake-like! I’m obsessed with the pb/choco combination and think you’ll freak over this delicious breakfast or snack.
For an easy morning, I like to blend all of the ingredients together the night before and pour into greased oven-safe glass storage containers then into the fridge. Then in the morning, I’ll heat the oven and pop them in for 25 minutes while I get ready!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Baked Oats:
- Rolled or Old Fashioned Oats (I prefer gluten free)
- Plant milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- Maple syrup (can sub honey or agave)
- Nut butter (I like peanut butter but any smooth nut or seed butter will work!)
- Baking powder (so the oats rise and become fluffy!!)
- Mini chocolate chips (optional but delish)
They’re slightly sweet but not overly — more like a peanut butter banana bread that will keep you full for hours. You could of course skip the maple syrup but add flavor with vanilla extract or cinnamon instead!
Hope you love!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Baked Oats (TikTok Recipe)
- ½ cup rolled oats I prefer gluten free
- ¼ cup plant milk I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ banana
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup can use honey or agave syrup
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. mini chocolate chips
- extra peanut butter for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients *except* chocolate chips into a high speed blender. Start speed on low then increase to blend smooth.
- Pour into a greased 8 oz. baking dish, then top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Top with more peanut butter then let cool slightly before eating!