This recipe is the product of me staring blankly into the fridge, trying to clean out as much as we can before a vacay/make something out of “a little of this a little of that” 😂and I will say… we are veryyyy deliciously satisfied haha!
I baked the chicken breasts with a layer of chunky salsa topped with cheese, which kept the chicken super juicy and fork tender! the onions and baby bell peppers flavor the cauliflower rice, and a quick avocado mash brings it all together!
Baked Salsa Chicken + Cauliflower Rice
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chunky salsa, like Pace
- ¼ cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 6 baby bell peppers or one large, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 12-oz. package riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbs. butter, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 large avocado
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- chopped cilantro, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray and place in butter slices. add onions and bell peppers and bake for 10 minutes. meanwhile, trim chicken of fat.
- After 10 minutes, pull onions from oven then add riced cauliflower, tossing with onions and seasoning with salt, pepper + granulated garlic.
- Place chicken onto cauliflower rice and season with s+p. spoon salsa on top of each breast, then top with shredded cheese! turn oven down to 375 and bake chicken for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make avocado mash by combining all ingredients with the back of a fork and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- When chicken has cooked, remove from oven and let cool slightly before topping with avo mash! Serve warm and enjoy!