Add some sweet & savoriness to your everyday boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a deliciously sticky honey mustard glaze! Your chicken breasts will come out juicy and flavorful every time with just 30 minutes in the oven.
Happy new year!
If you are determined to cook more often or healthier but don’t know where to start, I’m so glad you ended up here! I have been sharing healthy comfort food-style recipes since 2010 and am excited to start another year FULL of delicious eats with you.
Boneless, skinless chicken can so easily be overcooked, but I promise it does not take much effort at all to make it turn out tender and juicy — every time. The trick? Olive oil, lots of good seasoning, a hot oven and your timer!
You can use this recipe as a guide for any time you need to make flavorful boneless, skinless chicken in the oven.
Let’s get started with this particular glaze: Honey Mustard! One of my favorites thanks to it’s sticky, sweet and savoriness. Whisk together honey, dijon or grainy mustard, soy sauce (or a GF alternative like coconut aminos) and you’re off to the races.
Here’s how you’ll make my 30-Minute Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 400º.
- Drizzle boneless, skinless chicken breasts with olive oil on both sides. Season well with kosher salt and black pepper. This is where TONS of flavor comes from so don’t scrimp.
- Roast chicken for 15 minutes.
- While chicken roasts, whisk together ingredients for your glaze: honey, mustard and soy sauce or soy sauce alternative like coconut aminos.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush the glaze over each breast.
- Roast another 15 minutes then remove from oven.
- Enjoy your juicy, flavorful chicken!
Anytime you want to mix up the chicken’s flavor with a new glaze, follow this guide:
GUIDE TO MAKING GLAZES FOR CHICKEN, PORK OR TURKEY:
1 PART something tangy (mustard, any type of vinegar)
1 PART something sticky + sweet (honey, maple syrup, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, etc.)
1/2 PART something salty (kosher salt, soy sauce, soy sauce alternative)
= a glaze so finger-licking good!
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe as you start off your new year with new intentions to treat your body right! I’m cheering for you this season and always.
Looking for other Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Recipes? Check these out!
- Skillet Chicken and Baby Potatoes
- The Juiciest Greek-Inspired Chicken
- Pistachio and Goat Cheese Crusted Chicken
- Caprese Baked Chicken
- Spicy Peach BBQ Chicken
- One Pot Mediterranean Chicken + Rice
- Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken
- Grain Free Chicken Piccata Nuggets
- Pecan Crusted Dijon Chicken
- Caprese Chicken Skillet
- Baked Salsa Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
- Sticky Chicken and Cauliflower
- Baked Chicken and Artichoke Hearts
- Rainbow Chinese Chicken Salad
- Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
- Hummus Crusted Chicken + Couscous Tabbouleh
- Spicy Thai Chicken Tower
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
30 Minute Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken
- 2 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
honey mustard glaze
- 2 tbsp. grainy mustard can sub dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey can sub maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce can sub coconut aminos or liquid aminos
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place chicken breasts on foil and drizzle with olive oil on both sides. Season well with salt and pepper on both sides. Turn "pretty side" up.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- While chicken roasts, whisk together ingredients for the glaze.
- Once chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, remove from oven. Using a basting brush, brush on the glaze evenly between the two breasts.
- Place back into oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing!