Tossed with spaghetti squash! but with this delicious pesto, your possibilities are endless…
I love mixing up the usual pesto ingredients (basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil) to create new flavors with a healthier spin. Pistachios are rich and creamy and avocado helps to replace some of the olive oil with extra heart healthy fats. I loved putting this all over roasted spaghetti squash but it would be unbelievable over any pasta or protein.
Pistachio Avocado Pesto
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ avocado
- 6-7 basil leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tbs. grated parmesan sub nutritional yeast for Whole30
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by chopping pistachios in food processor, then add garlic and basil leaves. add in 1/2 avocado, parmesan and olive oil, blending until smooth.
- Add more oil 1 tbs. at a time (if needed) to help create a smooth sauce. season with salt + pepper and serve over spaghetti squash, noodles or over top of chicken, steak, salmon or shrimp!