Tossed with spaghetti squash! but with this delicious pesto, your possibilities are endless…
I love mixing up the usual pesto ingredients (basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil) to create new flavors with a healthier spin. Pistachios are rich and creamy and avocado helps to replace some of the olive oil with extra heart healthy fats. I loved putting this all over roasted spaghetti squash but it would be unbelievable over any pasta or protein.
Pistachio Avocado Pesto
Mix up your typical pesto with pistachios! Avocados replace most of the olive oil making this a healthier sauce for your pasta.
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ avocado
- 6-7 basil leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tbs. grated parmesan sub nutritional yeast for Whole30
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by chopping pistachios in food processor, then add garlic and basil leaves. add in 1/2 avocado, parmesan and olive oil, blending until smooth.
- Add more oil 1 tbs. at a time (if needed) to help create a smooth sauce. season with salt + pepper and serve over spaghetti squash, noodles or over top of chicken, steak, salmon or shrimp!
Tried this recipe?Share with others how it was!