This four ingredient sweet and spicy firecracker sauce adds a sticky layer to pan seared salmon!
This recipe is going to take your salmon night to the next level. Now don’t be deterred by the name — “firecracker” really speaks to the pizzazz of the salmon versus the actual heat! If you like slightly spicy food, you’ll enjoy this sauce packed with sweet & heat.
Did I mention the whole thing comes together in less than 20 minutes? You’ll simmer the sauce while you sear the salmon, then pour the sauce over and finish in the oven. Save this easy recipe for a quick and delish weeknight dinner for two!
Watch a step-by-step video on how to make Firecracker Salmon on The Savvy Spoon Instagram here!
Here’s how you’ll make my Firecracker Salmon:
- Preheat your oven. You’ll finish the salmon in the oven after searing!
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce. You’ll bring to a boil then simmer to thicken.
- Sear the salmon in a hot nonstick pan. Crisp up the skin for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over salmon. It will continue to cook in the pan.
- Place pan in oven. Let salmon cook through.
- Top salmon with sauce and onions. Enjoy warm!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
- 2 6-oz. wild caught salmon filets
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- sliced green onions for serving
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Add ingredients for the firecracker sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with kosher salt and gently press salt into filets.
- Heat an oven-safe, nonstick pan over medium high and avocado oil. Once oil is hot, add salmon filets to pan skin-side down.
- Let salmon skin cook for 2-3 minutes before pouring reduced firecracker sauce over top of filets.
- Place pan into preheated oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, depending on preferred doneness.
- Spoon sauce over top of filets and top with sliced green onions!