Dairy and gluten free nachos that taste JUST like your cheesy favorites? ¡SÍ, POR FAVOR!
I teamed up with Casamia to create an easy, flavorful recipe to make hosting with their The Pancho set up even more effortless! Casamia provides curated boxes of beautiful tablescapes right to your door to put the fun back into entertaining. The Pancho setup comes with Mexican blanket style placemats, a runner, brightly colored plates and marg glasses, taco holders, votives, vases and even a piñata!
Let’s talk about these nachos! Dairy free but suuuuper cheesy nachos thanks to Trader Joe’s cashew fiesta dip that tastes like a gently spiced melty queso. Made from CASHEWS. Trader Joe is a magician I tell you!
I personally think shredded chicken reigns supreme especially when it comes to nachos – less tearing through meat and more enjoying every bite. Making the chicken takes just a few minutes but it’s really worth it for maximum flavor.
Lastly, the crema: creamy without the cream! There are so many plant-based greek yogurts (cashew, almond, etc.) to choose from nowadays so pick whatever you fancy. The lime juice creates the flavor, so be sure to choose plain (vanilla is going to throw you off haha).
I hope you enjoy!!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of fat
- 2 tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 8 baked corn tostadas
- 1 15-oz. can fat free refried pinto beans
- 1 container Trader Joes or Siete Foods cashew queso dip
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- ½ cup cashew or almond milk based greek yogurt
- juice from 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with 1 tbs. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper each.
- Heat 2 tbs. olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat, then add chicken breasts “pretty” side down. Cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip carefully and cook another 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan and let rest at least 5 minutes before shredding.
- Mix together greek yogurt and lime juice to create your crema.
- On a cookie sheet lined with foil, place tostadas. Using a spatula, spread an even layer of refried beans onto each tostada. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred chicken using two forks like claws.
- Remove baked tostadas from oven and spread an even layer of cashew queso onto each. Distribute shredded chicken evenly onto each tostada, then top each with a 1-2 slices of avocado and one jalapeño slice. Top with crema and serve warm or at room temperature!